Reporting to the Financial Controller, the Staff Accountant is responsible for providing support with daily accounting activities within the Finance team. He/She will perform a range of general clerical, accounting and bookkeeping support functions, providing high-quality services in an efficient manner. The ideal candidate has excellent organization and communication skills, is self-motivated and can work well both independently and with others.
Accounting responsibilities related to the efficient maintenance and processing of financial transactions and activities:
• Process accounting journal entries
• Reconcile multi-currency payment processors, inventory, sales and expense accounts
• Reconcile various balance sheet accounts including prepaid, capital assets, intangible assets, and accrued liabilities
• Upload invoices, credit notes and customer payments into the accounting system
• Provide analyses of movements within various accounts
• Provide support with the month-end closing process
• Assist with audits, providing all required supporting documentation
• Manage and maintain efficient and accurate filing
• Perform other accounting related activities as needed
Maintenance and organization of files:
• Organize vendor files including invoices, packing slips, credit memos, account terms, etc.
• Organize all company expense documents/receipts by month and year.
• Identify, track, properly record use tax on all qualified transactions for proper payment of use taxes each month.
• Prepare various management reports.
• Assist CFO with various tasks for the preparation of monthly financial statements in accordance with GAAP.
• Other duties as assigned by CFO and CEO to facilitate the proper tracking and reporting of accounting information.
• Bachelors Degree in Accounting
• A minimum of 2 years experience in a clerical accounting role
• Proficiency in computer accounting programs
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
• Fundamental knowledge of GAAP